Welcome to the Worlde of a Fated Fey, one who walks the Shadows between the OtherSide and this Dreamland. This is the Book of Shadows of a hereditary and self-taught Magickal Woman; a Dreamer who possesseth the lineage of Fae, Wytch and Starr Blood. Interwoven together to make an ecclectic source of Magick and Chaos. To walk between the Worldes of the Starrs, the Hidden Realms, the Spirit Worlde and to also Live a human life...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Rainbow-Bird Lady, the olde shaman-woman of Rainbow Beach.

Easter weekend 2012, Saturday night and a full moon.  Camping on the shore of Rainbow Beach; Isis athame was set into the ground, over my collected beach pretties.  Her sword aimed towards the ocean where the Aegyptian mariners of ancient times came to shore where we slept, using the beach as a safe place to land theyr trade ships following the giant rainbow sand dunes as theyr land markers.  That night came the Dream that was no Dream...

She was walking across the flat, damp sand towards me.  The black sand glittered in the full moon light, bright enough to see like the day.  I must have gone far, because I had reached the rainbow dunes themselves quite the few kilometres away. Perhaps this was her home, as she welcomed me like it was.  I approached her as she glided across the beach shore, both delighted with the very welcoming and knowing of each other’s spirit as a shifter-kind.  Perhaps in fact I believe that just maybe, I was exploring this night in the feathered form.  A new playground to practice my beloved skills and this is how we did indeed meet, she was delighted at another kind she told me.

Glittering black sand, the brightest of bright moons and the ocean with wild waves crashing at my back... Indeed it was primal and native, the landscape setting of that fated night. 

The Lady she was a Shaman, a medicine woman of ranking and prestige.  Her honour was shown upon her face, she was bejewelled to display her shifter self in the human form.  She was a white woman like I, but resided in spirit form as a guardian of Rainbow Beach.  Strange I thought, but a question she never answered why she was not aboriginal or aegyptian.  She indulged my other curiosities with as much verve as my own, we loved it just as much as the other, touching each other to see this was real, she was joyful that another like herselfe had come to play on her shore.

A little plump, very wizened and rather wrinkled with age her aura sent off an energy of ancientness and timelessness, love for the Land and protection of the Sacredness that Is.  Covering her nakedness was a roughly hewn tunic-like attire, not that this was what interested me and drew me closer mesmerizingly.  It was not her grey hair, this not overly long but wild and free just like her, she could have been mistaken as your every day grandmother figure upon the street.  What set her apart and what has stuck with me with wonder and impressiveness was her face.   Upon her cheeks looked like a mask in the distance, but looking closer a mask it most definitely was not.  Bright feathers of rainbows were set into her cheeks with little gold caplets of jewels.  Golden studs on her upper cheeks all in a row, off each piece of gold hung a little coloured rainbow bird feather, this was four deep she let me see close up and touch.  I was amazed and so happy to see this never before seen wonderful thing to me.

 It was her bejewelled feathery mask that I did love the most, such a thing I could not have envisioned or made up myselfe.  The best thing was, she loved that I loved it.  This meeting was not a healing for me, nor a spirit guide or anything such. It was two strangers meeting on the beach for the first time with mutual wonderment and gladness at the ability of doing so.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment